Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Matt Kemp was a Rookie Sensation + New Trade Bait

I recently completed a trade with Kyle of Beware the Hockey Card Closet. He had some Chavez Code points remaining and decided to cash them in. 


In return for some cards I sent his way, Kyle sent me this sweet rookie card of Matty Ice. It is a new addition to my Matt Kemp PC, which now sits at 166 cards. That sounds pretty good, but hopefully I can reach 200 by the end of the year. 


Kyle and I actually swapped some hits. He took a few of my relic, #'d, and auto cards and I received a few back to reload on my trade bait. Included was this relic of ex-Dodger, Brad Penny. Penny pitched pretty well for the Dodger  for a few years ago, but I never really became a big fan of his. I know it's a Dodger, but it is headed to my trade bait.


I decided not to scan every card that Kyle sent my way, primarily to force you to check out my Trade Bait page. I did decide to scan this card though, mainly because I forgot that Soriano ever played for the Rangers. This probably would have been quite the hot ticket item ten years ago, but not so much anymore. 

Thanks again for the awesome cards Kyle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment