Saturday, July 12, 2014

I'm at the Dodgers Game Right Now...Be Jealous

I made yet another trip to my LCS late last week in search for some cards to take to a Dodgers game I am probably arriving to at this very moment. Thanks to Dodger Penguin for selling me his tickets and getting me close to the action for autographs. I have always wanted to attend a night game, so this is a bit of a dream come true for me. I am sure there will be a post on the game sometime in the next few days. I'm headed off to Six Flags tomorrow morning to top off the weekend. I didn't do much for my 21st birthday last weekend, but I am definitely making up for it now. 

Although I didn't find too many cards that I wanted to get autographed, I did find a few quality cards to add to my collection.

The first being this fantastic USA Baseball insert of the best pitcher on the planet. I haven't discussed my love for USA cards in a while, but I love 'em. Especially the Dodgers. 



I also picked up this sweet piece, another new addition. Topps did a decent job at making these cards look vintage, well enough that I wish they would switch to these for the Gypsy Queen base set. I think another blogger may have mentioned that not to long ago, but I cannot pinpoint the blogger or the post. I guess I forgot earlier, but my Clayton Kershaw PC quietly crossed the century mark this past week. 



I made a move for some of the other aces in the Dodgers rotation and came away with these two awesome cards. Both come from the cocaine riddled 2014 Panini Prizm, and the Greinke happens to be the refractor version of the card. I am not generally a big fan on the Prizm base cards, but I enjoy the inserts quite a bit. 



I picked this up just because, but found out I did not yet have a copy when I got home. Now that I have it, I am pretty sure I have tracked down most of Ryu's rookies.



I also grabbed this out of a 5000-count box of Sox my LCS owner had sitting on the counter. Like the Ryu above, I thought I already had it, but I guess not. Maybe it's just me, but Ortiz does not rock the high socks all too well.


To finish off my trip, I grabbed this wonderful card of Russell Martin. It has a confusing cartoon in the background that I can't seem to grasp. Is the runner sliding into 1st base? Feet first? Why is the catcher waiting for a throw if the runner is going to first? I'll let it slide becuase Ken Griffey Jr. said so. 

Thanks again for taking the time to check out my ramblings on cards. Hopefully I'll show you awesome pictures and new autographed cards soon. Let's go Dodgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment