Saturday, July 19, 2014

I'm Club Penguin

I recently completed my third trade with fellow Dodger fan, Dodger Penguin. Dodger Penguin, who goes by Matthew in the real world, and I met up for the Dodger game I attended last weekend

Matthew was smart enough to bring along his side of the deal, while forgetful Freddie here left his cards at home. I was able to ship them out as soon as I got home, but I still feel pretty bad. 


I received a grand total of five cards in my side of the deal, but it just might be the only non "hit" of the bunch that which really grabbed my attention. This is technically my first Clayton Kershaw rookie card, and it probably should have been a little higher on my "to buy" list. Not only is it a Kersh RC, it is the gold foil version, which apparently is a bit tougher to get. The ominous clouds back of Kershaw signal Kershaw's quick descent as king of the mound.


I have a post planned on Chad Billingsley slotted to go up within the next week or so, and I was initially going to hold this card back for that post. However, because this is the card that started the whole trade, I figured it wouldn't hurt showing it off twice. 


Talk about a bright card! This bad boy is #'d 27/99, so I guess it could be considered the Matt Kemp parallel. I was more than happy to add a new #'d addition to my growing Greinke collection. One of these days I will have to pick up an auto of every one of my PC's. Greinke is high on that list. 


Matthew rounded out this lush package with a pair of sweet Adrian Beltre relics. The first (above) is one of the thickest cards I have ever laid hands on, and happens to be #'d 34/99, the Fernando parallel if you will. It hails from 2009 Topps Unique, which is very uncommon for me to see. I guess the name of the set is appropriate. 


The final piece of the trade was this beautiful relic of the Dodgers former third baseman. I absolutely love blue swatches, so corralling a blue swatch relic for Adrian Beltre was pretty grand. The blue-ish border matches well with the card and the swatch, creating one of my favorite cards of the Dodgers former masher. 

I probably owe Matthew a bit more in our next trade, and I have a card or two in mind. 

Thanks again for all the great cards, and all of your help last Saturday. Hope we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment