Sunday, July 6, 2014

Contest Winnings from Too Many Verlanders Pt.3: The Rest of my Contest Loot

If you are a reader of my blog, you probably already know that I recently won some awesome cards from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders. He sent me so many cards that I had to separate the posts. You can check out Pt. 1 here and Pt. 2 here.

Forgive me for mailing this post in, but I have such a large stack of cards waiting for their time on the blog that I needed to speed things up.



I picked up a huge stack of 1980's vintage cards from Dennis. I did not have the time or patience to scan everything, so I decided to show off a few of my favorites. You can't go wrong with an afroed Bobby Bonds, or a clean shaven Van Slyke. 



We're moving into other sports now, starting with some cool new Colts cards. I especially dig the mini Reggie Wayne, though a new Andrew Luck card is always a great sight. 



Finally, Dennis sent over the complete set of 2000-2001 Topps NBA. I'm not the bigest fan of NBA cards, though I really enjoy these "Second Coming" cards. It helps that they feature some of the best players of my generation.



Additionally, here are the base cards for some more of my favorite players. I am a big Lakers fan, but I am also a huge fan of Tim Duncan. Of course I couldn't not scan a card of a young Steve Nash. For some reason, I guess I missed Metta Worl.......Ron Artest's time with the Bulls at the turn of the century. 


The complete set was awesome, but this is definitely my favorite card from the set. I think the great shot of the team after the championship and my fandom play into that. 

Once again, thanks for all the cards Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment