Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Contest Winnings from Too Many Verlanders Pt.1: Triple Play Rack Pack

Dennis of the fantastic blog Too Many Verlanders held a contest a couple of weeks ago, and I was one of the lucky winners. There was so much to the package that Dennis sent over that I am going to split my contest winnings into multiple posts, so stay tuned over the next few days. 

The grand prize of the contest was a Troy Tulowitzky rookie auto, but I was not the lucky entrant that came in first. Dennis had plenty of great prizes however, and I took a rack pack of 2013 Panini Triple Play home.


I usually skim by these while browsing the card aisle in Target, but I am starting to dig them now that I had the opportunity to rip a pack first hand. Just take a look at that fantastic card or O's backstop, Matt Wieters. 


I decided to look into the set a little more to determine of chasing the set was plausible. According to cardboard connection, hobby boxes sell for about 21 bucks. 


Well worth it in my opinion. The cards may be a bit juvenile, but that doesn't mean they aren't awesome. Choo's stoic card, Hamels' elongated neck, and crazy eyes Pence are fantastic pieces of cardboard.


This was one of a few inserts I pulled, and is yet another great looking card. I have been a big fan of Bautista since he hit the scene a few years back. I have been considering adding him as a player I collect, but I'm not sure if I want to add another player just yet. 



The only Dodger related piece of cardboard in the pack was this Matt Kemp tattoo. Like I mentioned earlier, this set targets younger collectors, so I obviously don't really have a desire for Matt Kemp tattoos. However, little additions like this are cool from time to time. 

So, if you have any base cards from this set lying around, let me know. I will probably be uploading a set needs for the set in the next few days.

Thanks again Dennis. Those Triple Play cards found a good home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment