Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Archer Base Set: "You Look At These And Tell Me They're Not Perfect"

Well...almost perfect. But we'll get to that.



The important thing is that I finally got my hands on the Archer base set from Cryptozoic. If you are not familiar with the show, take a look at the clip below.




It is seriously one of the funniest shows on TV today. If you have a Netflix account, go binge watch all four seasons like I am currently doing. I only 7 more episodes until I have to figure out another show to devote my life to.


But back to the cards. The card you see above features a shot from the opening sequence of the pilot. The cards feature a simple design with elements based on the opening credits. The set consists of 72 cards, each with a quote from a different character on the back. But like I said, the cards are not always perfect.




I'm not sure who Laura is, but I am positive that the quote belongs to one of Archer's love interests, Lana Kane.




Lana, the shirtless one, also happens to be the source for the quote I used in the title. In fact, that quote came directly off the back of this card which features a scene from the final episode of Season 3, Space Race: Part II



Although Archer is the central figure of the show, Dr. Krieger may be my favorite character. According to his wikia page, his first name is Algernoop. That is news to me, but Algernoop Kreiger is an 80 name in my book. 


The show is just filled with outrageous characters and scenarios, but Kreiger may be the most bizarre. Whether he is producing clones of himself, drugging the other employees of ISIS, creating cyborgs, or creating a a sexbot named Fister Roboto, Krieger may be one of might just be one of my favorite TV characters of all-time. 


As of now, I only have the base set completed. However, I am currently in the process of getting my hands on some 1/1 sketch cards from this wonderful show. 



Until then, I'll just have to sit and wonder why he was dressed as Hitler.


No comments:

Post a Comment