Monday, July 7, 2014

Contender for Card of the Year and a Hand-Numbered Mini

I recently completed my 2nd trade with Douglas of Sportscards From The Dollar Store. Some time back I noticed a sweet card on his blog and we went from there.

That sweet card happened to be a hand numbered mini of Dodgers first baseman, Adrian Gonzalez. 


As most of you probably know, this comes from the great 2013 Topps Heritage set. I believe the standard version of this card is an SP, but I guess this is a true SP. It's tough to tell its mini status, but it is a great addition to my ever growing Adrian Gonzalez PC. 


Also included in this great trade package was one of my favorite cards of the year. In fact, the refractor version of it. Panini does not have licensing rights, but they absolutely nailed this card. I already shared my love for it in a post I can't seem to find a few weeks ago, so I'll just leave it at that. Well, until I talk about it in my end of the year review. 


To top it all off, Douglas sent over a ton of my set needs from 2014 Flagship and Heritage, as well as the sweet high number SP from 2013 Heritage. It appears Kuroda is approaching the end of his very long and successful career. Too bad he couldn't do it in Dodger Blue. 

Thanks again for the trade Douglas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment