Saturday, July 26, 2014

Baseball Card Breakdown: A Trade

I recently completed my first trade with the delightful Gavin of Baseball Card Breakdown. Like the name of his blog might suggest, I will be breaking down our trade of baseball cards. 


As a fan of the San Diego Padres, you can bet Gavin had some spare Adrian Gonzalez cards to send my way. In fact, Gavin sent over six new A-Gon cards with my favorite being the Pure Heat insert card. I wasn't a big fan of the Pads color scheme a few years back. They can still use some help in that department, as I think they have the most drab uniforms in the league. 


Gavin also sent over some awesome vintage cards. I seem to like 1974 Topps more and more every time I get a new card. That Joe Ferguson above is a thing of beauty.


Turns out there was another pair of vintage cards (depending on your definition of vintage) inside this sweet PWE waiting for me. These old school cards hail from 1981 Topps, a set I am sort of 'meh' on. Either way, I love getting my hands older cardboard. 


The best thing in this trade may have been this slick 1/1 sketch by Gavin himself. It is truly a unique piece of Matt Kemp cardboa....paper, that will be a welcome addition to my Matt Kemp PC. 

Thanks for the cards Gavin! Hope to do it again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment