Friday, December 27, 2013

Topps Chrome Rainbow: Another Kemp Means I'm Halfway Done #BeatGreg


As I was writing out the title to this post I realized I am officially halfway done with the Matt Kemp Rainbow. It has taken me 2 months, and a few bucks to get this far. Yet, the hardest part lies ahead. I have not yet acquired any of the low numbered cards, though that may soon change. My quest for the TCR is much harder than I anticipated. I think I will take out  the rainbow player by player, focusing on the easier (and cheaper) parallels. I am in no rush to get this done, yet I am very eager to.

I picked this card up off of eBay on my mini splurge last week. X-Fractors always look good to me, and this is another card that was had for cheap. Card money has been tight over the last few weeks, mainly due to Christmas and going out with friends that have returned on their winter breaks from school. Hopefully textbooks won't cost a fortune next semester or cards will probably only be had through trade for a while. 

Don't forget to enter this week's contest. It ends right before the new year, 11:59pm PST to be exact. Just click on Stephen Strasburg's weird face to your left to be taken to the contest post. Also, in the spirit of the New Year, anybody that uses #BeatGreg on Twitter at least once will get an extra entry into the contest. Just let me know by DM or comment that you tweeted with that hashtag, and I'll add your extra entry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment