Friday, June 5, 2020

New Blog Design and Other Important Notes

I've been wanting to redesign the blog for quite some time now, but I finally made it happen. A friend helped me with an updated banner, background, and logo, so a huge shoutout to her for all of her hard and wonderful work. If you've ever been to Dodger Stadium, then the inspiration for the changes is obvious. The new banner image is based on the famous Dodger Stadium entrance signs, the colors have been adjusted to incorporate the classic Brooklyn Dodgers blue, and the new background is a sort of cartoon/minimalistic take on the Dodgers Stadium outfield seats. 

I'm curious to hear what you all think about the new design. Drop a note in the comments and let me know what feedback you have. 

---

My buddy over at Nachos Grande has been steadily working through all of the Allen & Ginter mini sets for the last few weeks leading up to his Ultimate A&G Mini Set Bracket and corresponding contest. I've had a blast voting for the best mini set of its respective year over the last few weeks, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the blogosphere thinks. Head over there to complete your bracket and see which mini set reigns supreme! 

---

Speaking of contests, I've been thinking about holding my own contest sometime soon, and I may have picked up a box of Topps T206 as one of the prizes. Hint hint. Be sure you're following the blog to stay updated, as the contest will likely be embedded in one of my posts. 


21 comments:

  1. Just found this blog by following you over from Johnny's Big Fun Game. Looks good, I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog layout--it's gorgeous! I take it you've been to Dodger Stadium?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's been a few years now since I'm on the East Coast, but hopefully I can make it back over there next year to catch a game.

      Delete
  3. Looks cool! I may have a blog redesign ahead even though I just changed it last fall. Hey, you can't predict these things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't! I found myself always tweaking some small element of the blog but finally decided to just go all in.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for promoting my Ginter contest, I've added you to the list of potential winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new design looks really good! I've though about doing a redesign before, but the one that I currently have took way longer to do than I had expected, and I really don't want to go through that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely took a lot of time to make this happen, but it's definitely worth it.

      Delete
  6. This looks great! No question which team you're a fan of (assuming the name doesn't give it away already).

    ReplyDelete
  7. as you know, i am a big fan of dodger stadium and its design. so, no surprise that i like the new look! the elongated rhombus and pavilion designs are classic!

    ReplyDelete