Monday, June 30, 2014

Good News and Good Cards

Let me start with the good news: I was finally able to ship out packages to most people I have made trades with in the past month or so! There are a couple of bubble mailers that are going out tomorrow, but only because I ran out of tape to attach the labels to ship them. I need to apologize once again for taking so long on getting these trade packages out. I honestly forgot what I sent out to a few of you since the mailers have been sealed up for so long, but at least they are on the way.

-------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, today is the last day to vote for the next member of the Chavez Ravining HOF. You can vote using the fancy new poll at the top right of this page. Check out the details of the HOF here and here

-------------------------------------------------------

The primary reason for this post is to thank reader John for a trade we recently completed. Like everybody else I've recently dealt with, your cards on on the way John.


John knows what I like to receive in trade packages: Matt Kemp cards! These cards hail from Topps Flagship, specifically 2009 and 2007. They mark card numbers 155 and 156 in my Matt Kemp PC. I am still a liiiiiitttle behind Greg in that department, but I am getting closer to my goal of 200 unique Kemp cards by the end of the year.


On to another primary collection of mine, John sent over a couple of fine Adrain Beltre cards. Somehow, my Beltre PC is up to 90 cards. This is primarily due to my fabulous trade partners such as John. 


However, John may have lost a little credibility by sending this card of one of my most hated Dodgers of all-time. Jones was complete bust in LA, so the less said about this card the better. *Just kidding John. Thanks for the card :)


To finish off this trade post, here are a couple of sick NOMAH cards John sent along. I've long been a fan of Nomar, so getting a few cards of him in Dodger blue is cool. Nomar happened to wear number five for the Dodgers, and it is currently worn by Juan Uribe. Five happens to be my favorite number, so if the Dodgers ever call me looking for some extra infield help I may have to trade a few of my autographs to Uribe for the number. 

John also included quite a few cards for my Topps Team Set Project and they are very much appreciated. 

Thanks again for the trade John! I look forward to doing it again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment