Thursday, February 28, 2019

Back to Blogger in Pursuit of Some Horses

Back in January, I moved my blog over to WordPress after spending most of the last 5 years blogging from Blogger. I had heard a ton of great things about WordPress and figured I'd give it a go. Shortly after joining and transferring all of my content over, however, WordPress released a new editor which is absolutely horrid. A ton of other problems ended up popping up with WordPress, so I'm back to my roots here. Sorry for the the URL changes, folks.

----------------------

I've spent considerable time over the past few months organizing my collection and determining where to focus my collecting habits moving forward. I've already decided to take a more aggressive approach with my Clayton Kershaw PC, and I recently added Justin Turner to my PC as well. 

I've also decided to start collecting horse cards. 



Yep. Horse cards.

My girlfriend is a longtime equestrian, so collecting horse cards seemed like a fun and unique way to loop her into the hobby. 

I'm starting this mini-collection with a focus on the Horse in the Race mini set in 2017 Allen & Ginter. I happened to come across some insider information about the production of the subset a few years back, and I knew I had to collect it. I managed to pull a couple from packs--the Shire and Marwari horses pictured--but they aren't easy to come by. 



It's a 25-card subset, and I've knocked two off the list, but I'd like to grab the rest. You can find my needs here or by navigating to my Want List page. 

In addition to this brief set, I'm also interested in collecting cards that have horses on them even if they aren't the focus point of the card. I'm not quite sure where to begin, but I'm sure there has gotta be some great horse cardboard out there somewhere, and I'm hoping you'll all help me find it. 

Have any horse cards? Let's make a swap. 

7 comments:

  1. 2014 Stadium Club Nolan Ryan (and 1991 Pacific Ryan #104, 105, 108), as well as the two on this page:
    https://www.tradingcarddb.com/Tagged.cfm/tid/27/Pets

    ReplyDelete
  2. The N32 Allen & Ginnter 1888 was horses but they are pretty expensive.

    You might look at 1892 N101 Horse Breeds. They seem plentiful and if condition isn't a priority they can be had for about $10.

    There are a ton of sets from the 1930s that focus on horses. (A TON!!!! of them. Probably 20 different sets.)

    I also found this cheap one.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1880s-N230-Kinney-Famous-Running-Horses-tobacco-card-Bendigo/303078368436?hash=item4690e0e4b4:g:c1sAAOSw57xZ1TdX:rk:38:pf:0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, I have the HR-7 Grayson Highland Pony card, and a few Kershaw cards on my TCDB trade list you may be interested in.

    If you'd like, shoot me an email at rmitchell6700 @ yahoo dot com so we can discuss. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'll reach out to you very soon!

      Thanks!

      Delete