Sunday, December 28, 2014

Another Trade With Dodger Penguin Nets Me Another Matt Kemp Auto

I recently completed my 7th trade with Dodger Penguin, moving ever closer to 200 Matt Kemp cards. I have completed a few other trades with other bloggers since our last trade, but this one was prioritized to get out 200 Kemp cards by the end of the year.

The deal initially started small, but after I posted about some cool autos I picked up, the deal expanded. 


The main prize from this deal was a fantastic new Mattycakes auto. The card, which hails from 2007 Topps Moments and Milestones, is my 13th Kemp auto and my 196th Matt Kemp card (though there are a couple more in this post). 

This card is now one of my oldest autos of the outfielder, though not for long. I picked up something I've been chasing for a really long time recently, but it will be another week or so until it shows up. 

But back to the trade. Matthew also sent over two other Matt Kemp cards, though with considerably less ink. 


I am a big fan of these sparkly foil cards that Topps has been including in Flagship recently, so hopefully the trend continues in 2015. Something about getting shiny cards for cheap just appeals to me. The Bowman card happens to be the Hometown/State variant, with the background getting the Oklahoma state flag treatment. Surprisingly, this is only my first hometown variant card of Kemp. I figured that I would have picked up the other from 2012 and 2013 by now. 


Finally, I was able to add another sweet (and sparkly) Kershaw to my expanding Clayton Kershaw PC. I am still on the hunt for an inexpensive Kershaw auto, but funds are a bit tight heading into my spring semester. Damn tuition and books. 

Thanks again for the trade Matthew. Seven trades are in the books, and I plan on doing this even more as time goes by. Also, thanks for pushing up my Matt Kemp PC to 198 cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment