Friday, August 29, 2014

Patience is a Virtue

The last month or so has been crazy for me. The start of a new semester, a new job, and three weeks away from home can do that to a person though. I'm two weeks into my "new normal" schedule, but I am still trying to find ample time for blogging, watching baseball, and general tomfoolery. 

This has left me a little behind on posting. I usually write up a post on cards within 2-3 days of receiving them, but I'm about 2-3 weeks behind my typical schedule.

Though it isn't always my fault, sometimes eBay sellers just take a long time to ship.


I picked up this sweet Matt Kemp autograph for just under 7 bucks shipped on July 23rd. Keep in mind, that was still 8 days before I took my 3 week leave of absence. I was hoping to have this card in hand before I left, but the 31st rolled around and my mailbox was empty. A week later I asked my dad to bring some mail my way. He dropped off a few packages of cards, but still no Matt Kemp. I decided to message the seller on the 7th to see what was going on. I checked back two days later, but my inbox was empty. However, the shipping information was updated that same day. I finally received the card on the 12th, but never got an apology or any kind of response from the seller. 

tl;dr: The beautiful card took 20 days to get to my house.

Somehow, while I was mass leaving feedback for my recent purchases, I left positive feedback for this particular seller. I was planning on leaving a neutral, or at least asking for my shipping money back, but I didn't do that either. 

Quite frankly, I am just happy to finally have the card in hand. #'d 18/50, this beauty is my 9th Matt Kemp autograph, and my 172nd unique Kemp card. Hopefully the next one won't take so long to get here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment