Sunday, August 3, 2014

I'm Back...And I'm Fearless

It seems like I've been out of commission for a long, long time. In reality, I made my last post 5 days ago, the longest stretch between posts so far on this blog. It feels weird writing from work, but I am going to truck through it for the next couple of weeks. 

As you probably heard around this time last month, I celebrated my 21st birthday on July 5th. My buddy Dikran bought me a couple of fantastic birthday gifts earlier in the year (here and here), but he also decided to purchase a few more cards to give to me when the actual date arrived. I have been slow to post them, but I figured now would be a perfect time to start. 

In an effort to spread out the posts and provide some content, I will spread the card posts over a few days. 


We'll start out with a pair of fantastic looking inserts from Panini Prizm. Though Panini doesn't have licensing, they continue to put out some quality inserts in their products. I'm still a little 'meh' on most of Panini's base cards, but their brightly colored inserts are fun. 

The card on the left happens to be the purple parallel #'d /99, though I'd argue it is more of a pink. The blue parallel on the left, which scanned much better than the purple one, is #'d /75. Both are fantastic additions to my Adrian Beltre PC which now sits at 104 cards. On a slightly odd note, my Adrian Beltre, Shawn Green, and Clayton Kershaw PC's all have exactly 104 cards. Weird.  

For those that got this far, be sure to check out the brand new blog Rhythm and Wax that Dikran started to admire both his cards and his music. His last post actually shows off one of the many birthdays gifts I am planning to purchase Dikran in exchange for all of the wonderful gifts he has showered on me. 

Thanks again Dikran! 

No comments:

Post a Comment