Saturday, April 5, 2014

Highlighting a Few Fantastic Blogs Pt.4

Previous posts in this series: Pt.1Pt.2, Pt.3

So I decided to change up the name of this series. It was previously called "Highlighting a few Underrated Blogs", but with so many good blogs out there it is tough to really consider any of them underrated. I will continue to highlight some of the blogs that deserve more traffic and eventually work my way up to the bigger blogs.

Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle




As most of you already know, Greg runs the awesome Dodger blog Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Arglye. (If I were a scout, I would give that name an 80 FWIW) Greg is probably the reason I got into blogging, about cards at least. I have been reading his blog for a couple of years, but it wasn't until I really got into collecting that I truly appreciated his collection. The man has 316 (!) unique Matt Kemp cards, which dwarfs my 123. The photo above comes from his blog, and is also the reason I started watching Parks and Rec. If you don't already follow Greg, you are missing out on some awesome stuff. Also, watch Parks and Rec!


Off Hiatus Baseball Cards


Off Hiatus Baseball Cards is run by Tony, a great guy that I have had the pleasure of completing a trade with recently. As you can see from the picture, Tony collects Robin Yount as well as all things Brewers. He ahs a hole in his collection from the early 2000's to present day, primarily in some of the secondary Topps sets and the unlicensed sets. Be sure to head over there and work out a trade. 



This fantastic Angels blog is run by Tom. We traded a few months ago, but maybe it is time we do it again. I have been saving up Angels cards for awhile and even threatened to send them, but just continued to add cards to the pile. Tom PC's Tim Salmon, but won't pass up any of the other fishy Angels. Be sure to head on over and talk with Tom and work something out.

 If the Angels played in any other place than the greater-LA area, I might root for them, but for the time being I will proudly walk around in this shirt:




Thanks again for reading. I enjoy doing this little series and will continue to release them every week. I think I missed last week, but I'm blaming mid-terms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment