Thursday, September 25, 2014

Narrowing My Focus

Less than a month ago, I published a post describing my desire to take a step back from the hobby. At that time, I cited a lack of money, time, and space as the reasons why I needed a reprieve.  Less than a month later, I need another reprieve.

My posting on the blog has been sparse of late. I have made 15 posts in the month of September, and 5 of those were simply for the box break. It's not like I have a lack of interest in cards, or lack of cards to post, rather a lack of time. 

And time is the reason I need to narrow my focus once again. 

No longer will I have secondary or tertiary PC's. That Topps Chrome Rainbow I have been trying to complete since I started the blog? That's done too. We can also say goodbye to the Chavez Ravining HOF, though I never really did get the chance to go anywhere with that. This list could go on and on. Let me just talk about what I plan to focus on going forward.

1. My PC Guys
No longer will they be my "primary" PC guys, but just my PC guys. Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Adrian Beltre, and Shawn Green will be the primary guys featured on this blog. I will continue my attempt to gather as many cards for these guys as possible. I'm still on the hunt for that elusive Kershaw auto. Damn college and it's expensiveness! 


However, Hyun-Jin Ryu is getting the boot. I will still have an enormous place for him in my collection, along with a few other players, like Bryce Harper, Yasiel Puig, and A-Gon. I will just have a smaller focus on those guys. I would love to receive their cards in trades, but I won't actively look to purchase their cards for the time being. 


2. Non-MLB Cards
I can't really explain my infatuation with non-MLB cards as of late; all I know is that I can't get enough of them. Parks and Recreation, Archer, and The Simpsons will be much bigger parts of this blog moving forward. 


Maybe it is because they are truly one-of-a-kind cards. They aren't 1/1's, but I don't see the same laziness in these cards as I do in some of the baseball products. *cough cough* Topps *cough cough*

3. Topps Team Set Project
One thing that won't be going away anytime soon is my Topps Team Set Project. For those unsure of what this is, it is basically my pursuit of every Dodgers team set from Topps Flagship ever. 


I have a good start so far. A good chunk of the 80's is done, and I have a pretty good start on the later 2000's as well. Of course, that leaves me with a ton of expensive cards from the 50's, 60's, and 70's to buy, but this project may last a lifetime. I'm not rushing it right now. 

In addition to those three things above, I will be placing an extra importance on autographs. I love base cards, but I'm trying to collect without taking up too much space for the time being.

And that's it. I am narrowing my focus to just three things. My PC guys, my TV shows, and my Topps Team Set Project. 

It is important to mention that I am not planning on just dumping all of the cards of my secondary and tertiary collections. I still have the desire to collect those guys, but I need to narrow down my focus. If you are interested in any cards from those guys, I would be more than happy to move them, though I am not obligated to do so. 

I will take the time to adjust the layout of my blog to coincide with my new collecting habits sometime soon. For the time being, I will continue to post my recent trades and customs until I can work out a schedule that puts me in my office chair on a more frequent basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment