Friday, August 15, 2014

Kershaw, Some Other Guys, and The Final Box Break Announcement

I was perusing the bay for an A&G relic of my favorite left-hander when I came across a lot of A&G relics. The highlight was Clayton Kershaw of course, and there were a few other names mixed in. Considering the Kershaw relic alone was selling around the 6 to 10 dollar range, I decided to put in a lowball bid on the lot in hopes I would win. 

Turns out my lowball bid won, and I walked away with seven new relics for about 11 bucks shipped. 


But wait, some of these relics could be yours! Just be sure to read to the bottom.



This was what I was aiming for, but I was luckily able to add some more pieces for pretty much the same price as this card alone. It may be a boring grey swatch, but one day those boring grey swatches will add up and I will stitch my own game-worn jersey. 



This was the other big name in the lot. Tulo was on pace for a monster season, but injuries prevailed once again. Tulo was the front runner for the MVP for a while, but his injury opened the door for Kershaw to take home the award. It is doubtful the voters will vote for a pitcher, even someone as deserving as Kershaw, but I can dream. 



Edwin Encarnacion isn't necessarily a big name, but he is still solid player. Power from the right side is becoming harder and harder to find, and Encarnacion is one of only a few righty power hitters. Too bad it is a boring white swatch. 



I was also able to grab a Matt Adams bat relic. With the amount of Cardinal fans out there, this shouldn't be hard to move.



These on the other hand......sheesh. I would honestly open a pack of 1987 Fleer, than pull on of these things. They have no resale value, and nobody seems to be interested in acquiring them. Anybody want them?

I also picked up a Ryan Braun mini framed relic in the deal, but that is already packaged up for Tony over at Off Hiatus Baseball Cards. 

In the end I got a fantastic deal, but the two duds kind of made me depressed. I'm really hoping Topps doesn't sell out to another dumb blogging website next year. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In related news, lets talk about the Topps Chrome Box Break I hope to hold here in a couple of weeks. 

I still have 5 spots to fill to get this thing off and running. I will be busting 4 hobby boxes of 2014 Topps Chrome.  The price is $25.00 and that includes shipping. You get one team of your choice, and a random team after the break is filled up. Pretty simple. 

BONUS: If you sign up for one of the remaining slots, you will get your choice of any of the relics (except Kershaw) above. If you sign up for more than one spot, you will get to choose one of the relics above AND any card from my Trade Bait page. I will ship these with your cards from the break.

Here is what is left. Please be sure to comment if you are interested. 

1. DBacks
2. Braves
3. Orioles
4. Red Sox - (Caitlin)
5.Cubs - (Brady Umfleet)
6. White Sox - (Dodger Penguin)
7. Reds
8. Indians
9. Rockies
10. Tigers
11. Astros - (Kyle B.)
12. Royals
13. Angels - (Gavin)
14. Dodgers - (Alex)
15. Marlins
16. Brewers - (Tony L.)
17. Twins
18. Mets - (Justin L.) 
19. Yankees - (Dodger Penguin)
20. A's
21. Phillies 
22. Pirates - (Matt S.)
23. Padres
24. Giants - (Adam S.)
25. Mariners - (T.J. Villarrubia Jr.) 
26. Cardinals - (Brady Umfleet) 
27. Rays
28. Rangers - (Judson)
29. Blue Jays - (Caitlin)
30. Nats

No comments:

Post a Comment