Saturday, December 27, 2014

The March Toward 200 Continues

Christmas has come and gone, and the new year is just around the corner. Fortunately for me, I have five days to churn out posts featuring nine Matt Kemp cards. I'll start out by getting four of them out of the way today. 

We'll start with my favorite of the four. This bad boy came out of 2013 Panini Select baseball (check out my box break here), and it features a non-licensed photo of Matty in his pre-game clothes (I'm not sure what else to call them). It happens to be the gold refractor version, making it #'d 10/25. I dig shiny cards, though I dig shiny cards with logos more. That said, Panini found a decent way to get around it for this one. 


I also picked up this pretty cool diecut from 2012 Topps Chrome. For under a dollar shipped, I couldn't pass it up. The card follows Topps' formula for diecuts the past few years: sharp and shiny. Not that it bugs me. Another Kemp for the PC. 


Next up we have another Kemp card from Panini, with a surprise cameo by the reigning NL Cy Young Award Winner, Clayton Kershaw. I'm not a super big fan of the designs from 2011 Panini Limited, but I couldn't pass up a numbered card of my two favorite Dodg...*ahem...players. This copy is #'d 168/199, and only cost a mere dollar and change. 


Finally, I was able to land another new Matt Kemp card for less than a dollar shipped. Free shipping is truly the way to go. The scan turned out less than stellar on this, and it looks much better in person. 

At the end of the day, I added four new Kemp's to my growing PC which now stands at 195 cards. Stay tuned for card number 200 on New Years Eve. It's a dandy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment