Friday, October 31, 2014

Matt Kemp is a Bat King

There has been a slight lull in my posting. I attribute that to the middle of the semester workload, but I have also been pretty lazy lately. I have had plenty of time to write-up some blog posts about customs, but decided to just steer clear of the blog for a few days. If anything, I avoided thinking about baseball and Giants for the past few days. Congrats to those Giants, but I really, really hate them.


There is some good news though: I am back in the card game. I finally have the funds to support some eBay purchases, and I am absolutely loving it. I picked up this sweet Matt Kemp bat relic for just a few bucks delivered earlier in the week. I'm not big on Donruss, but I do love the look of these "Bat Kings" relic cards. It would look considerably better with a nice LA logo on that batting helmet, but I'm not complaining.

It has been a coon's age since I last picked up a new Matt Kemp card, but this marks card number 177 in the Kemp collection. I'd like to get that total closer to 200 by the end of the year, but that may just be wishful thinking. That said, I don't have any cards from 2014 Bowman, 2014 Finest, or 2014 Update. If I can pick up some of his cards from those sets, along with some affordable relics and autos, than I'll be looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment