Friday, September 19, 2014

Hey, I'm Alive!

Hope all is well with everyone out there in the blogosphere!

As you may have noticed, I have been missing for just over a week. For someone who once made it a habit to post every single day, the last week or so has felt pretty empty. However, my absence is justified, and I wasn't just being lazy.

You may have heard that I got a tutoring gig over at my college. I've been tutoring English, History, Psychology, and just writing in general. (You'll have to find somebody else to ask if you need help with math :o) It has been an immensely enjoyable experience so far, if not a little overwhelming. Actually, I'm not sure if overwhelming is the right word. It hasn't been overwhelming in a bad way, but more of a time consuming activity that I really enjoy doing.

Anyway. The tutoring staff has dealt with some turnover heading into this semester. Some of the longest tenured tutors left because they finished up with school. Other moved to other colleges. Basically, there is a ton of new faces in the tutorial center, with me being one of them.

Everything was fine to begin the semester, however another veteran tutor had to leave because it conflicted with her schedule at school. Then, another tutor left last week with no prior notice. That left about six of us to cover all of the hours during the week. That wasn't bad in itself, but then two of those tutors had to go and get sick this week.

But I'm rambling. Basically, I have been the go-to guy for tutoring this week, because of my willingness to cover and my availability. Long days in the tutorial center and long nights doing homework have essentially led to my demise.

That said, I would not change a thing about the last two weeks. Working in the tutorial center has genuinely been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life so far. I mean, I actually look forward to getting up and going to work. How many of you can say that?

*Life story ends here*

Now that I have justified my absence, lets get to talking about cards. More specifically, cards I owe people. Even more specific, cards from the box break.

I shipped about five packages late last week, but was interrupted while putting the rest together. (You guessed it, I got called into work). I sent out some emails over the weekend confirming address for a few of you, and I also mentioned that I would be shipping on Monday. That never happened, so your cards are still sitting here waiting to be packaged up. I guarantee they will all be shipped out tomorrow morning. If you haven't received cards from the break yet, or if you haven't been contacted my me, please email me so I can confirm the shipping address. 

I apologize for taking so long to get them out. It was really not my intention, but I guess life happens. Let me know if I can make it up to you somehow. 

-----------------------------------------------------

I have also had almost zero interest in my Mystery Packs. I figured 50 cards, mostly inserts, parallels, #'d cards, and one with some hits would garner some more interest, especially since I was selling them for $5.00 including shipping. I guess I was wrong.

If I don't get anymore inquires for them after this post, I may just ship them of to a few various bloggers that I enjoy doing business with. 

------------------------------------------------------

Finally, here is the flan Archer Sketch Card I never got around to posting. I'm sure this doesn't interest many of you, but sketch cards are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. 


This particular card went to my buddy Dikran as part of his birthday present, but I could definitely afford to get him a few more. Well, I can't really afford it money wise, but I should probably return the favor at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment