I've been waiting to write this posts for months. After the success of last year's league, I've been chomping at the bit to start up again. Although the league as a whole was a success, there were a few improvements that can be made for 2015 (including a few things I could have done better); but we'll talk about tweaking the rules/points a bit further down the line.
Let's talk about some of the format and some of the basic rules for 2015 before we get to the signups.
1. This will be a dynasty league. This means that we will carry this league on for as long as people are willing to stay in it. But don't worry, owners will have the chance to leave at the end of the year if it just isn't working for them.
2. It will be rotisserie scoring. This means that points will be scored by counting stats, and there will be no head-to-head match-ups. We will be using ESPN to play.
3. Please, please pay attention and keep up with the league if you are apart of it. I understand that life gets in the way and we can all get busy at times, but the league doesn't work unless all of the participants are active. If you can spend at least ten minutes a week keeping up with trade offers etc. it would be greatly appreciated.
That is pretty much the extent of it right now. I have a good idea with where we will head going into the season, but I'd rather have that discussion on the Fantasy Baseball blog itself.
If you are interested in participating, simply leave me a comment or send me an email.
You are not locked into participating by doing this, so even if you are unsure if you want to participate you should still contact me.
Also, I am more than willing to here suggestions about the league in the comments section. Don't want to do the dynasty format? Think we should do something else? Just let me know.
Looking forward to another great year!
EDIT: Here is some more info about the league. These are the thoughts I've had, so all the rules, format is up for discussion.
- Mixed league (both NL and AL)
- 6X6 scoring
- Batters: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP
- Pitchers: K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9
- Hosted on ESPN.
- Last year was free to play, may consider a small buy-in with prizes at the end of year. Open to both options.
- About 50% of the roster will be kept year-to-year.
- Tenative Roster Limits. Depends on how many people participate.
|Catcher (C)||1||No Limit|
|First Base (1B)||1||No Limit|
|Second Base (2B)||1||No Limit|
|Third Base (3B)||1||No Limit|
|Shortstop (SS)||1||No Limit|
|Middle Infielder (2B/SS)||1||N/A|
|Corner Infielder (1B/3B)||1||N/A|
|Left Field (LF)||0||No Limit|
|Center Field (CF)||0||No Limit|
|Right Field (RF)||0||No Limit|
|Designated Hitter (DH)||1||No Limit|
|Starting Pitcher (SP)||0||No Limit|
|Relief Pitcher (RP)||0||No Limit|
|Disabled List (DL)||2||N/A|