Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Dodger Bobbleheads: Clayton Kershaw

If you were to take a look at the innards of my blog, you may have noticed that I collect Dodger bobbleheads. I have collected bobbleheads longer than I have collected cards, but I only have a few bobbleheads. 

This is partly because bobbleheads usually run for over $20.00, a price range I was never really able to afford as a kid. I usually took the loose change found between my couch cushions and spent it on candy at the gas station right next door to my house, rather than save it to buy some awesome Dodger goodies. My Dad usually bought me my Dodger things anyways. My Dad recently started to pick up some more bobbleheads for me, and for good prices. 

Let's take a look at my collection, starting with Clayton Kershaw. 


This is the newest addition to my bobblehead collection. My Dad got this, as well as the 2011 Cy Young Award thing the Dodgers gave away a few years back, for under 20 bucks. I will be posting that Cy Young plaque on eBay in the next few days, but I will be keeping this sweet bobblehead. 


The first thing I noticed on the bobblehead was the small number 4 on Kershaw's right shoulder. It is obviously a patch, but one I don't recall seeing. I instantly knew it was for Duke Snider, as the Silver Fox wore number 4 for the Dodgers for 16 seasons. 


Here it is, in all of its horrible quality, head bobbling glory. Maybe I need to seek some help from Gavin of Baseball Card Breakdown with my GIF's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment