Saturday, March 29, 2014

Four New Cards To Brag About

Almost a month ago I came across a post by a fellow blogger. I have not had the luxury of talking to him before, but his post sent me over to a small baseball card site that was having a sale. There was a ton of stuff on sale, but I only picked up four cards for my various PC's. Lets take a look at what I walked away with. 


I only spent about 6 bucks on my entire order, but this card really made the purchase for me. Before this purchase I did not have any A.J Ellis hits. I still want to get my hands on an Ellis auto, but I have been pushing that to the back of my to-do list. This particular card comes for 2013 Topps Mini Baseball Online Exclusive, a set I know absolutely zilch about. If there are more Dodgers out there though, I want them. 


I picked up another card of a Dodgers backstop, this time of my newest PC focus, Russell Martin. Martin is one of my favorite players of the past decade and it is a shame he is in Pitt. Unlike Greg of Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle, this is my first #'d Martin card. This particular copy is #'d 178/500. 


I finished off my small purchase with a pair of Shawn Green relics. The first one comes from 2002 Topps Finest. If this card is any indication of the product, then it looks to be a pretty rad set. 


The second relic is a bat slice, this time from Playoff Prime Cuts. I am not a big fan of the card, but that didn't stop me from adding it to my growing Shawn Green PC

Be sure to check out Tromp's Cards for sweet deals like the one I got. There is currently a sale going on, and it looks like all cards are 50% off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment