Monday, January 13, 2014

Trade With Brad's Blog: Making My PC's Happy

I completed my first trade with Brad from Brad's Blog today. I approached him about a few Frank Thomas cards he could add to his PC. The trade grew much larger and I came away with some great stuff. Let's dig in!


The scan came out kind of crappy, but these are four new refractors to add to my Topps Chrome Rainbow Quest. I'm still a few refractors short of completing the refractor team set, but I will get their eventually. 


Yay! More Dodgers. This time in x-fractor form. I'm getting closer to completion on the x-fractor team set, though I'm not there either. 


Another Topps Chrome goodie. This red refractor is #'d 13/25, and takes another card of my shrinking, but still large, list of parallels from Topps Chrome. These Topps Chrome cards alone will make Brad a very rich man....Chavez Code speaking. 



Next up are two of my favorite Dodgers, Clayton Kershaw and Matt Kemp. I already have the Kemp on the left, but the Kershaw is a new addition. It is a great picture of the young lefty as well. If only the auto was real.....


I also picked up this sweet purple refractor of David Ortiz from 2011 Topps Chrome. The card is #'d 2/499, and is my first #'d card of Big Papi. 


This is the card I was after the entire time. From 2012 Topps Chrome, this sepia refractor is #'d 15/75. I have been trying to track down some cheap Hanley stuff and I knew this was something I wanted while searching through Brad's trade bait. The shot Topps used in this picture is phenomenal, though I haven't seen it in full color. I'll try to track down more of these parallels in the future. 



I could not resist finishing off the post with our lovable, speeding, salmon-colored short wearing,  rocket armed sensation, Yasiel Puig. The card on the lower left is the base card from 2013 Topps Chrome, and one of my favorite cards Topps produced in 2013. Aong with the base are two inserts from the 2013 Topps Chrome set, and both new additions to my PC. I love the 1972 Insert because of Puig's smile. I really like cards where the player is smiling. I guess that may turn into a collection of its own one day. 

Brad also sent over some other great cards including a Hershiser Mini, Joc Pederson Chrome, and five(!) Brandon League cards. As a Dodger fan, I cannot have enough Brandon League cards. 

Thanks again Brad. I hope we can do this again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment