Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Couple of Green's for a Couple of Greens

Sometimes a title pops into my head that is too good to pass up. This is not one of these times. I'm disappointed in my cheesy title, though at the same time I am very proud. It takes a certain kind of special to make something sound so bad that it sounds good. Anyways....




I picked these two Shawn Green relics off of ebay a few weeks ago for two bucks. That is obviously where the title comes from, but I digress. Green was my first collecting interest as a kid, and although I don't look for his cards as often these days, I can't pass up a good offer.

I'm not gonna lie. The card on the left is pretty ugly to me. Dull colors, plain white swatch, just not something I am overly enthusiastic about. It comes from 2002 Fleer Flair Jersey Heights. Is Fleer Flair right? Just Fleer? Just Flair? Older cards confuse me too much. 

On the right, we see a more aesthetically pleasing Shawn Green relic, that is before you get to the Arizona A on the bottom left. Trading Green to the D-Bags is one of the worst memories I have of the Dodgers as a kid. Green was my favorite player and I did not yet understand the business side of baseball. I still don't even know who we got back in return, but it is probably better I don't. The photo of Green is great, but I don't like the Diamondback portion of the card. At least I know the swatch came from a time when he was with the Dodgers.

If you haven't noticed already, a lot of my scans are crooked. I never really thought about how other people scan there cards so I figured this would be a good opportunity to ask. Do you have software that automatically crops the card for you? I've heard people that do, but I just throw everything into microsoft paint and hand crop it. Let me know what you do to get a card scanned and uploaded online. There will probably be some points thrown out to those that answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment