Monday, August 18, 2014

Chavez Ravining Custom #3: Dee Gordon

I started school last week, but I had my first day of work in the tutoring center today. As soon as I arrived, the the only other English/writing tutor that was working had to take off to go to class. She was nice enough to leave me a student, however. Talk about jumping straight into the fire. I only worked a couple of hours, but it was enjoyable. I am definitely looking forward to going into work tomorrow. 

It seems like I always start out these posts with a little life story. But they should focus on the topic at hand: another Chavez Ravining Custom. 


This may be my favorite custom yet. The templates that Ernest sent me did not include the 1971 Topps design, which happens to be one of my favorites. I decided to sit down in between classes and figure Photoshop out, and I eventually mimicked the 1971 Topps design. It is by no means perfect, but I believe it came out pretty good. 

The current layer setup I have needs some work, as it only allows me to use a specific sized picture. However, this Dee Gordon pic (which I pulled from this page) worked out perfectly. The photo was taken on Jackie Robinson Day, way back in 2012 in this instance. The combination of the Brooklyn helmet, the number 42, and the Dodgers 50th anniversary patch on the left sleeve are excellent. I'm definitely glad I used this picture. :p

I still need to buy the full version of Photoshop, but I've created enough cards to last me a couple of months in the meantime. That gives me some time to save up in case I cannot find it cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment