Tuesday, July 29, 2014

State of the Blog + A Thanks to Judson

I rarely put out these types of posts, but it is a good time to get a few tidbits of info out there. 

I haven't mentioned it before, but I work at a Mini Storage part time. My grandparents have been the managers there for 25+ years. They work four days a week, my co-worker (Rose) and I work the other three. My grandparents also live onsite, in an apartment upstairs, above the office. Starting Thursday, they will be going on their annual 3-week vacation to Hawaii. That leaves me and Rose to work for three weeks straight. It may not be fun, but the money at the end will be nice. 

The point of this story, however, is to inform you that I will be staying in an apartment above a mini storage office for three weeks. 

My dad will periodically drop by and drop off mail to me, but I will be gone from a majority of my cards for a short while. I will do my best to get as many trade packages out tomorrow, but I may be quiet on the trade front for the next few weeks. 

Additionally, posting will also see a small decrease over the next few weeks. Their vacation runs straight up to the point I start school again, which is a whole other conversation. 

Starting this semester, I will be working as an English/Writing tutor at my colleges tutorial center. Believe it or not, I am able to write intelligible things outside of the blog. The blog is a big help in allowing me to type out a bunch of words in a much more casual setting. In many ways, the blog has helped me grow as a writer. Of course, with the less than inspiring writing I put into this, the results aren't always apparent. 

Anyways......with my grandparents Oma and Opa out on vacation, and my impending status as a third year community college student (plus tutor) all overlapping at the same time, I may be busy. If I am slow in getting back to you, or if it seems like I forgot to mail out cards to you, just know that I did not forget. 

-----------------------------------

But this blog is about cards, so let's take a look at a sweet card I received from Judson of My Cardboard Habit. 


Woohoo! I love me some blue parallel Dodgers, especially when it features my favorite player. Please Ned, don't trade him......

Thanks again for the awesome card Judson!

No comments:

Post a Comment