Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Superba Matt Kemp Auto

Last week I was fresh off a nice little paycheck with the expectation of more money coming in for a project I've been working on for awhile. As such, I decided to splurge a little bit and pick up some cards I've had my eyes on for a while. 

Greg of PTSIA, just so happened to send me the link to an eBay listing of a beautiful Matt Kemp auto. The stars must have aligned at that particular moment, because the card in the listing was the one I planned to go and spend on. 


And here it is. An awesome card, another one that a scan shows no justice.  There are some scratches on the case right in front of the signature, but that is not a big deal. 

I am more enthused about the card itself. Ever since I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to acquire it at some point in time. Tribute is an absolute beautiful brand that produces some high quality cards. The blue auto fits the card perfectly, especially with the large amount of blue featured. Semi-low numbering was also a selling point, with my copy #'d 64/99. 

However, the thing that drew me to this card was the fantabulous throwback Matty happens to be rocking. That's right, I love them so much that I made up a word to describe them. I love those old school Brooklyn baby blues, and you cannot go wrong with the Brooklyn 'B' on the helmet. Frankly, the Dodgers probably don't throw it back enough. Their jersey's have stayed relatively unchanged since they moved to Los Angeles; they also happen to be the best in the MLB, at least in my opinion. So while I would love to see more throwbacks like the one above, I can forgive them if they don't do it. 

Overall, this is probably the sweetest Matt Kemp card I've ever seen, with the exception of a few rookies. No seriously. Check out the card DodgerPenguin just displayed on his blog. One thing is for sure, this is the king of my collection and won't be easy to dethrone. 

* Bonus points if you actually understand my cheesy title

No comments:

Post a Comment