Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Trade Bait Tuesday

Editors Note: This post comes from Dikran Samarjian. He will occasionally have posts here. As you may know, Dikran and I usually split the price of higher end cards to share, at least until we are out of college and can actually earn some money. If you would like to get in touch with him, you can give him a follow on Twitter @D_Samarjian. Any comments you leave will be forwarded to him as well. Enjoy!

The other day I had the itch to crack some wax. I was far away from our local shop, so I settled for the closest Target. I was planning on just grabbing a blaster box, but that notion soon changed when I saw a hobby box of 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars tossed in the corner of the card section. At first I was skeptical because I've only bought this product one time before and I had some major mojo pulling a Bryce Harper patch auto. I was thinking, “What are the odds of pulling something great again, especially from Target.” I called Alex to see what his thoughts on buying this were and he told me to just go for it. So I went for it.


If you’re not familiar with the product, each box comes with 4 hits (2 autos and 2 patches). The first 3 packs I opened were 2 patches and 1 auto, all duds at that. At this point I was pretty upset because the first 3 packs contained 3 dud hits. The 5th pack I opened, I got my 4th hit. The second I saw it I jumped out of my chair. In that pack was a /99 Ken Griffey Jr. auto. I was so excited I didn't even care about the rest of the box. Good thing I opened the rest though because come to find out it was a hot box. Though duds, I ending up pulling one more patch and a patch auto.  

Without further adieu, enjoy the dud hits! (All are for trade)



No comments:

Post a Comment