Friday, April 25, 2014

Third Time's a Charm

One of my 2014 Goals is to acquire 15 Matt Kemp autos. When I wrote out that goal post I had two Kemp autos to my name. Which means I had 12 months to get a hold of 13 more autos to reach my goal.

Nearly 5 months into 2014, I had yet to acquire one. But after a tip from veteran Dodger blogger Greg of Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle, I was able to add my third auto to my collection early last week. 


This bad boy set my back a little over 14 bucks shipped, a deal I would do again in a second. Unfortunately, the auto is on a sticker, but the jumbo white swatch more than makes up for it. My copy is #'d 8/10, and Greg mentioned that we now own 20% of the print run

The thing I found unique about this card was the fact that it was sold three different times in the past month and a half alone! It first sold on March 2nd for $15.49, then again on March 31st for $24.50, and finally by me for $14.50. Not only was it sold three times, it was sold by the same seller. I am guessing the seller never received payment, which forced them to re-list it. One thing is for sure, this is the last time the card will ever be sold. At least while I'm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment