Thursday, January 2, 2014

Some Beltre Goodies and RCD Points

I'm continuing this short term pattern of lumping stuff together with some cool Beltre cards I picked up over the past week. I only have one more lump post after this, which will come sometime tomorrow.

Another card included in the trade I made last week, a 2013 Topps Chrome Adrian Beltre Die-Cut. 



It may be tough calling this a card, considering how much was cut off. The blue border goes nice with the Dodger versions of this card, but looks especially nice with the red Rangers uni. I am just a few cards short of owning every Beltre from 2013 Topps Chrome, something I discussed yesterday

In addition to the Die-cut above, my trade partner threw in the standard and purple refractor versions of the Beltre from 2013 Topps Chrome. They are both fantastic cards, and I don't mind having just one of each in the binder. 

I picked up my third Beltre relic over the weekend, in the form of a light blue swatch from 2012 Topps Update Series.



I am not a huge fan of the overall look of the card, but it is a Beltre relic nonetheless. It cost a paltry .99 cents, and shipping was less than a dollar. It came in a PWE, which isn't a big deal and also had a cool Dodger card that I will show off tomorrow.

I have awarded 5 Chavez Code Points to Greg and Randall for their comments on last weeks RCD post. It doesn't take much to earn points in an RCD post, and all you need to do is make a coherent response about the player in question. This can be about an encounter you've had with the player, a cool item from them, or anything else that crosses your mind. Feel free to pimp your blog in the comments of these posts with links to posts about the player. Unlike what I said in the post, there will be no winner and anyone who contributes will get 5 points. I will do one RCD post a week, and you may comment on it for points until the next RCD post is up. It doesn't matter how often you comment on the post, you'll only receive 5 points. You can expect another RCD post tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment